In this project we had to do a art journal type work. We had to have multiple layers and also had to use at least 3 mediums. So I choose fantasy as my topics. One of my favorite disney characters were Pocahontas. So I decided to do a scene from that movie. I was originally going to melt crayons but I wasn't able to so I tried using other methods to add the texture I wanted. (Artists Collaborate) I had many fed back on my art work from my peers. At the beginning I was going to put a cannon but as i was doing my project I wasn't feeling it anymore so I didn't but other students at my table suggested that without anything in the water it looked very plain.n (Artists Take Risks) I really wanted to put crayon and melt it to give texture of the water falling like a waterfall. But since I couldn't do that I tried other techniques to give the same feel. (Artists Create Original Art) for the waterfall I used tissues paper and paint to give it feeling of flowing water. My inspiration was the scene form the Pocahontas movie.
Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
For this project our theme was sticky situation. We also have to show repetition. When I first thought about what I wanted to do I originally thought of marshmallows burning over camp fire but I didn't think that would be too creative so I thought about getting lost in a forest and how the situation would a sticky one and so I went from there. (Artists Create Original Art) how I used my own ideas is the colors of the leaves I didn't mark it the original green color I put bright colors such as red, purple, pink. I used a picture of a forest and I wanted it to look a little gloomy and bright at the same time. (Artists Communicate Through Their Work) the art work it suppose to give off a scary vibe in which the person in the situation is suppose to be scared. I had some trouble getting the different brush strokes in the trees and the ground. This artwork shows who I am because I really like painting landscapes I think it's really pretty and fun. (Artist Collaborate) I was always asking for feed back from my peers and they would give me feed backs to think about. All in all I had fun painting this artwork.
Tuesday, March 25, 2014
In this project our theme was up close and personal. We had the choose of using oil pastel, color pencil and chalk pastel. I decided to use chalk pastel pencils because it is easy to control and easy to blend. When I first started this project I wanted to do flowers but the more than I thought about it the idea of stairs came to mind and I really liked it. I first had the idea to have draw spiral stairs but the more I thought about it I didn't like the idea of spirals so I thought what if I just drew regular stairs but make it close and do something to make the stairs stand out. So I colored the stairs blue so when someone looks at the drawing the stairs would be the first thing that they would look at. (Artists Develop Art Making Skills) While working on this project I learned new techniques with chalk pastel. I learned about shading and how to make textures. Also how not blend too much because that can take away from the art work a bit and not look at realist.(Artist Solve Problem) While doing my project I came across some problems with shading and how much color to put to make the work stand out and places on the art work to make brighter but I figured out ways to apply the white to brighten or to show where the light was hitting. My art work turned out the way I wanted it to turn out.(Artist Collaborate) Sydney and I gave each feed back during the whole project. she suggested that I should have different shades of colors on the wall, and not only brown or red.
Sunday, March 23, 2014
Sunday, March 2, 2014
1. What where some of your design solutions to the theme Scientific?
- When I started thinking about scientific I thought about life and death. I thought about the ideas of trees and how they represent life so I thought why not create a drawing about trees with leaves representing the life and drawing trees without leave representing the death.
2. How beneficial were the mini lessons in the success of your project. If they were not beneficial please explain as well.
- I feel that the mini lessons were beneficial to me because I was reminded how to properly shade, and how much pressure to put on the charcoal pencil.
3. How did you show contrast in your work?
- I choose to contrast between life and death. the tree with leave represent life this part of the drawing is a lot lighter than the water part where it a lot darker. The water with the trees with no leave represent death.
4. What medium did you decide to use? Why did you choose this medium over the others?
- I used pencil and charcoal in my drawing. I used these medium instead of a pen because it was easier for me to shade with pencils and charcoal rather than a pen.
5. What techniques did you use to create this work?
- I used circle and scribbling shading with the trees and smooth shading for the water and the ground.
6. We encourage risk taking in art. Risk taking can be as simple as trying a new technique or learning about a new medium to as complex as trying something totally new. Did you take any risks with this project? Explain.
- I feel that I took risk because I didn't really know how to shade that good or at all but during this project I felt that I learned how to shade and I learned where I'm suppose to shade when there is sunlight.
7. Discuss your overall experience with this project.
- I thought this project wasn't that bad. At the beginning it was a little difficult to for because I couldn't think of many ideas but once I had an idea of what I wanted to do I just went with it. I really liked my trees and how I shaded it. I thought it looked really good. I had some trouble creating the water but I think at the end it didn't look as bad as I thought it was going to look. All and all I felt that I did good.