Sunday, March 2, 2014

Scientific and Contrast Drawing





1.       What where some of your design solutions to the theme Scientific?

  • When I started thinking about scientific I thought about life and death. I thought about the ideas of trees and how they represent life so I thought why not create a drawing about trees with leaves representing the life and drawing trees without leave representing the death.
2.      How beneficial were the mini lessons in the success of your project. If they were not beneficial please explain as well.

  • I feel that the mini lessons were beneficial to me because I was reminded how to properly shade, and how much pressure to put on the charcoal pencil.
3.      How did you show contrast in your work?

  • I choose to contrast between life and death. the tree with leave represent life this part of the drawing is a lot lighter  than the water part where it a lot darker. The water with the trees with no leave represent death.
4.      What medium did you decide to use? Why did you choose this medium over the others?

  • I used pencil and charcoal in my drawing. I used these medium instead of a pen because it was easier for me to shade with pencils and charcoal rather than a pen.
5.      What techniques did you use to create this work?

  • I used circle and scribbling shading with the trees and smooth shading for the water and the ground. 
6.      We encourage risk taking in art. Risk taking can be as simple as trying a new technique or learning about a new medium to as complex as trying something totally new.  Did you take any risks with this project? Explain.

  • I feel that I took risk because I didn't really know how to shade that good or at all but during this project I felt that I learned how to shade and I learned where I'm suppose to shade when there is sunlight. 

7.      Discuss your overall experience with this project.

  • I thought this project wasn't that bad. At the beginning it was a little difficult to for because I couldn't think of many ideas but once I had an idea of what I wanted to do I just went with it. I really liked my trees and how I shaded it. I thought it looked really good. I had some trouble creating the water but I think at the end it didn't look as bad as I thought it was going to look. All and all I felt that I did good.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment